History of Indian Cricket
India has proven to step up to become one of the greatest of teams in Cricket, here is history about this great,legendary Team on which whole India is proud of.
Foundation of Cricket in India.
Cricket came in India at 1700s when the Britishers brought Cricket here. However India played its first test match at 1932 and the first club in India was founded in 1792.
India was struggling for many of years and was in troubles like a minor team, and was lot weaker compared to other teams with a staggering record of 35 victories in 196 matches.
In the 1970’s the Indian Cricket Team was stabilized by legends like Sunil Gavaskar and Gundappa Viswanath, all-rounder Kapil Dev and the Indian spin quartet – Erapalli Prasanna and Srinivas Venkataraghavan (both off spinners), Bhagwat Chandrasekhar (a leg spinner), and Bishen Singh Bedi (a left-arm spinner). The Indian Team was now becoming good in Cricket and Emerging to a new Era. Defeating teams like Australia,England and South Africa at Overseas.
The World Cup Victors.
1983, The World Cup is at its finals with India playing with West Indies, the match was surely at the worse for India which was batting India scored 183 in 54.4 overs, the West Indies were preparing, everyone lost hopes until Kapil Dev bowled 11 overs with taking 1 wicket,4 maidens and 1.90 economy. The time came, India…Wins the World Cup!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The whole crowd was celebrating hard and no one was able to believe India revived from such condition to win the World Cup for the first time.
Facts till now
The history written till now has a lot of amazing,unbelievable facts. Lets have a look at all of them
- The first match of India recorded was in 1721 and India played its first test at 1932!
- In 1911,India went to an official England tour but didn’t play with their national team, instead they played with english county teams!
- India won its first test match against England in 1952 at Madras(current name Chennai),19 years after India played its first test!
- The first test series played by India was against England in Bombay,Calcutta(present name Kolkata) and Madras(present name Chennai) in which India was defeated by 2-0
- The greatest batsman in all the Era till now were Sunil Gavaskar and Gundappa Viswanath, which made India win on pitches which were always on the favor of bowlers.
- Sir Donald Bradman said about India’s legend Sachin Tendulkar that “When I see him playing, I see my shadow.”. He also said Sachin to be one of the greatest batsman!
- Sunil Gavaskar scored his 30th ton in tests breaking record of Sir Donald Bradman of 29 Centuries in 52 tests.
The Modern Era is the Era which is ongoing right now which has Mahendra Singh Dhoni as Captain and Virat Kohli as a Substitute Captain and the Vice-Captain too. This Era is full with Indian Talents like Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Virat Kohli,Mohammed Shami,Rohit Sharma,Shikhar Dhawan and more players like them. In this Era India won all kinds of trophies in the Captainship of M.S Dhoni. India won the second World Cup in 2011 against Sri lanka. With Gautam Gambhir at 97 out and Dhoni finishing the match with a six!!!! Thats the reason why Mahendra Singh Dhoni is said to be one of the greatest captains till now.